North Star Montessori School's summer program incorporates arts and crafts, music, academic enrichment, outdoor exploration and indoor play to create an interesting mix for children ages 18 months -12 years.
In keeping with Montessori philosophy, the goals of the summer program are for children to discover, explore, question, and create in an atmosphere of supportive respect for their developmental levels. The mornings will be more academic in nature (we don't want the students to forget what they have learned) and the afternoons will have more "camp-like" activities, like gardening, exploration and field trips.
The Summer 2013 Session Fee schedule and Application is here:
- Open to all students 3 years — 12 yrs: $135/wk (6:30-6:00)
- Summer 2013 Application
- June 3-7 Orientation
- June 10-14 DIRT!!!
- June 17-21 Chinese Immersion (Experience Part 1)
- June 24-28 Art! w/local artist
- July 1-5 (closed the 4th) Creating Cooks
- July 8-12 Be a Rock Star!
- July 15-19 Chinese Experience (Part 2)
- July 22-26 Camping Week
- July 29-Aug. 2 Relax!